Here are some SYBICS (South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Integrated Care System) documents that you should have easy access to.
These are not all to be found in the obvious places and it could be said that they have been actually ‘hidden’ from public view!
The STP Plans (2016) – the full plan for SY&B and the 5 individual Place-based Plans
Memorandum of Understanding (2017) – of SYBICS & each Place-based partnership
Workstream Updates (2016….) – updates on 15 SYBICS workstreams planning changes
Commissioning for Outcomes Policy (2017/18) – how GPs refer you for tests/treatment
Cuts/closures already planned (2017):
- Hyper Acute Stroke Services – documents re. closures
- Non-specialist Childrens Surgery & Anaesthesia – documents re. closures
- Acutely Ill Children – discussion documents from early 2017
Proposed changes that will include service cuts/closures (2018/19):
- Hospital Services Review Report (May 2018) – 4 documents & recommendations for change
The Hospital Services Review Team looked at hospital services (August 2017 – April 2018). Their Report was published in May 2018 and the Team invited comments from the partners and staff in the SYB Integrated Care System, (SYBICS) and the public, between June & July 2018.
- SYBMYND Hospital Services Programme Strategic Outline Business Case (August 2018) – one document with 5 Annexes – a total of 217 pages
The Hospital Services Review Team – or the SYBICS, it is not clear which – published the comments received (with a response to the comments from the Team, or the SYBICS,) in a new document called the: “South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw, Mid Yorkshire and North Derbyshire: Hospital Services Programme Strategic Outline Business Case”.
There are two unexplained facts:
- The area covered is larger than the area covered by the SYBICS, but it appears to be a SYBICS document
- The ‘Review’ became a ‘Programme’ as it was ‘approved’ (there is no public record of who made this decision or when)